When referring to CANDID trademarks and the names of CANDID claims, quotes, products and services, follow these CANDID Trademark and Brand Guidelines.
CANDID Trademark & Brand Guidelines
You may use CANDID trademarks in text solely to refer to and/or link to Candid’s platform, claims, quotes, products and services and in accordance with the terms of these Guidelines.
You may not:
- use CANDID logos, logotypes, icons, trade dress or other elements of CANDID websites or materials unless specifically permitted under these Guidelines or other applicable guidelines;
- use the trademarks in the name of your business, product, service, app, domain name, social media account, or other offering with the exception of seminars and conferences, whereby Candid is an active participant or a permission of use is acquired;
- use the trademarks more prominently than your product or service name;
- use the trademarks on promotional merchandise that you are selling or distributing (such as t-shirts, travel mugs, etc.);
- do or say anything or use the trademarks in a way that implies affiliation with, or sponsorship, endorsement or approval by CANDID of your products or services;
- alter, animate, or distort the trademarks or combine them with any other symbols, words, images or designs, or incorporate them into a tagline or slogan;
- use the trademarks in any way that is contrary to these Guidelines.
Social Media Guidelines
The name of your social media account, any and all pages or communities, cannot begin with a CANDID trademark. In addition, CANDID logos cannot be used in a way that might suggest affiliation with CANDID, including, but not limited to, the account, profile, or header images. The only exceptions to these requirements are if (1) you’ve secured permission from CANDID through a license or equivalent (though such licenses are not generally available in this context); or (2) you’re using a CANDID trademark (not including logos) to describe the purpose of your account, page, or community provided that: you are not suggesting affiliation with or endorsement by CANDID; and, your account does not use the name or likeness of any prominent individuals within CANDID. For example, you cannot name your account, page, or community “Candid Platform”. However, it would be acceptable to name your account, page, or community “Fans of Candid Platform” or “Information about CANDID Platform” as long as you do not use the CANDID logos or otherwise suggest any affiliation with CANDID.
CANDID Logo Guidelines
As a general rule, third parties may not use the CANDID logo. On this page are the limited circumstances under which third parties may use the CANDID logo. The logo must always be used pursuant to the specifications on this page to identify CANDID, or CANDID claims, quotes, products or services. Any use that falls outside of these specifications is strictly prohibited.
Third parties may only use the logo without a license under the following limited circumstances:
- In advertising, marketing collateral, or a website that references your connection with CANDID (e.g., the material states that you are an authorized distributor of CANDID products or services) provided that the area in which the CANDID logo is used includes the corporate logo of at least 1 other company with which you have a similar relationship.
- In an area of a website, advertising, or marketing collateral exclusively dedicated to the promotion of CANDID platform.
- Do not use the CANDID logo in products, product packaging, publishing’s or other business services for which a formal license is required.
What artwork should be used
We have two versions of the full color logo. Choose the logo most appropriate for your application.
- Use the positive version on light or white backgrounds. The full-color reverse logo may be used on dark color backgrounds, as well as dark areas within photographs.
- In marketing, our logos don’t include the trademark symbol, except when they appear for official packaging purposes.
- The symbol may not be separated from the logotype.
- A one-color logo is only acceptable when media reproduction is limited. In these cases, the logo may be reversed to white on a background that provides suitable contrast. A black logo is allowed when media reproduction is black only.
- For the full suite of high-res logo’s for both print (cmyk) and digital (rgb) use, please contact your CANDID representative to obtain artwork files from Brand Central.
- The logo may not be displayed as a primary or prominent feature on any non-CANDID materials. Companies using the logo pursuant to these guidelines must also display in the primary and more prominent position, their own logo(s), business name, product names, or other branding.
- The logo may not be imitated or used as a design feature in any manner.
- The logo may not be used in a manner that would disparage CANDID or its products or services.
- Neither the logo nor the CANDID name may be used in any other company name, product name, service name, domain name, website title, publication title, or the like.
- Non-CANDID materials should not mimic any CANDID advertising, product packaging, website design or any other CANDID materials.
- The logo must be used as provided by CANDID with no changes, including but not limited to changes in the color, proportion, or design, or removal of any words or artwork. The logo may not be animated, morphed, or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance.
CANDID reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate or modify permission to display the logo, and may request that third parties modify or delete any use of the logo that, in Candid's sole judgment, does not comply with these guidelines or might otherwise impair Candid's rights in the logo. CANDID further reserves the right to object to unfair uses or misuses of its trademarks or other violations of applicable law.